HAS: PROMs usage in routine clinical practice
PROMs questionnaires are important tools for the management of patients with chronic diseases and for the proper organization of their care. They facilitate communication between patients and healthcare professionals, as well as patient involvement.
The HAS created guides for healthcare professionals and patients to support the use of PROMs identified in the literature:
- A general guide "Support for the use of patient outcome measurement questionnaires (PROMs) to improve clinical practice - Theoretical approach and operational criteria" presents the general principles for the use of PROMs in routine clinical practice. This guide is useful for all conditions and addresses the following issues:
- definition of generic and specific PROMs questionnaires and the principle of association.
- presentation of the help for the use of these questionnaires in practice.
- detailed presentation of the most commonly used generic PROMs questionnaires translated and validated in French: EQ-5D, SF36, SF12.
- Guides to the use of PROMs questionnaires specific to chronic diseases are intended for health professionals and patients to support the use of PROMs identified in the literature. They present the PROMs questionnaires translated and validated in French, selected from the analysis of the literature and websites.
The chronic pathologies involved are:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- Chronic coronary syndrome;
- Chronic kidney disease.
The complete article in French can be found at the following address:
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question.