Medical procedures assessment
The 2022 campaign to submit applications for the evaluation of medical procedures with a view to reimbursement is open from February 15 to May 31, 2022 on the new online platform EVActe, with a view to inclusion in the HAS 2023 work program. All requests must be submitted by a national professional council (NPC).
These requests will be analyzed by the HAS in terms of admissibility, feasibility of the evaluation, appropriateness of the request and public health interest, in order to select the procedures that will be evaluated. The results of the selection will be announced directly to the NPCs at the end of 2022 and then published on the HAS website.
Here are the main points to remember:
- Submission from February 15 to May 31, 2022;
- Results: end of 2022;
- A new filing platform, named EVActe;
- An unchanged filing procedure;
- For new filers, a request to create an account must first be made to the HAS;
- New support method: in addition to the early meeting (on the preparation of a clinical study and its methodological adequacy with HAS requirements) and the pre-filing meeting (to prepare an evaluation request and ensure the relevance and adequacy of the request before it is filed), the HAS now offers a new support method: Strategic orientation meetings. During these meetings, healthcare professionals will be able to present the professional act under development (principle, medical need to be covered, level of maturity of the act, etc.) and then discuss with the HAS the pathway and requirements (particularly clinical) for access to reimbursement for a professional act, as well as the possible methods of support by the HAS.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question. MediTech Access Team would be pleased to help you understand more about this procedure.